Before I forget: Everything on my TPT and TN store is on sale now through Easter for 20% off, including my brand new clip art!
|Image from Krista Wallden|
First up...Easter Bunny Bags! I had a mentor teacher back in Arizona who always had projects up her sleeve for everything this little gem was one of my favorites. I do it every year and then we use the bags for our Easter egg hunt on the playground. It's super simple and super cute!
- white paper bags (I found them at target hidden behind the brown ones)
- cotton balls
- construction paper
- stencils (make them out of old file folders- see below)
2) Trace the bunny ears on the bag, no need to trace around the bottom, it's already bag shaped
3) Cut it out. Don't forget to cut off the side flap. I usually do this for the kids because I learned my lesson when a kid accidentally cut off an ear and cried!
4) Cut out construction paper shapes for the whisters, eyes, ears, and mouth. Use the stencil to have kids trace the bow. Bow above the eyes looks like a girl, bow under the mouth makes a boy bunny. If you want dots on the bow like my example at the top, just use a hole puncher on construction paper and glue on the "holes."
5) Glue all the face shapes on, and add a cotton ball nose in the middle. Staple the tops of the ears together. You're done!
Next! YOUR FREEBIE!!!
I was in a super good mood when I got home last night. The first night of spring break is like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders! How did I choose to celebrate? Sitting on my couch with a glass of wine and doodling this little *freebie* for you! I also made a big set that include some cute little flower pots :)
This was our Easter egg hunt learning activity. We sorted, tallied, and graphed our jelly beans
Sight word practice! The kids get the word out of the egg, read it, and copy it in the same color on their recording sheet. I got it out of a Scholastic resource book. I think it's called Super Spelling Centers or something like that.
Practicing short vowel words with this little freebie gem from Angelia at Extra Special Teaching!