I'm pretending the 10 minute tantrum that started our day didn't happen...the kid turned it around and had a fairly amazing day, so I'm calling that a success. This kid has a tendency to self-destruct and he didn't this time which was awesome!
Today is a linky day! I have Freebie on the first at the bottom.
First up we have:
Here is a little peek at my week! I've been a little behind on blogging, it's been a crazy (in a good way) kind of week. So Doodle Bug appears to be busy and hasn't posted yet, but I was so excited to join that I wrote this ahead of time... I'll link it over there later.
1. Eric Carle- He is our author of the week in our class. We've read The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Tiny Seed, The Grouchy Ladybug, and From Head to Toe. I know there are more... I need to stop by the library to find our Friday book. The first two are PERFECT for my life cycles mini unit we've been working on!
2. Life Cycles! We are going a little crazy with our life cycles stuff, but my kids are OBSESSED with the caterpillars making cocoons. I'm not really looking forward to the creepy moths they will turn into... but the kids are and that's all that matters! We made Eric Carle caterpillars.
3. Bridesmaid Dresses! My sister is getting married in September so a large part of my free time has been spent finding wedding gowns for her, and bridesmaid dresses for me and the rest of the girls. This is NOT the final dress. Just one of many I've tried on... How do you like the fake almost smile I have?? Trying on 10 dresses will do that to a person. Hehehe. I actually don't mind playing dress up! It's just the smiling for the 10 picture that did this to me!
4. Geoboards!! This was what sent me to teacher heaven!!! For those who don't read my blog all the time... I teach kinder, 1st, and 2nd simultaneously by myself all day long...to kids with disabilities. So that means I teach 3 things at once since they aren't capable of doing the same lesson most of the time. This was true until GEOBOARDS! I had to teach congruence to my advanced boys, and chose to add in my little guys just for fun. I have the entire group completely engaged for 40 minutes!!! I teach kids with autism... 40 minutes of group engagement is unheard of!! By the end of the lesson I had kids talking about sides, vertices/angles, and saying phrases like "I made 2 shapes and they are congruent because they are the same size and shape!" Oh happy day!! They covered their faces for me, so I don't have to edit the pics. Haha.
|They made a shape congruent to mine|
|He made 2 congruent shapes independently :)|
6. Since 5 doesn't really count and I didn't tell you anything... This is our latest book club book and I'm loving it already! I'm only on page 80 so don't ruin it if you've read it!
Last but surely not least... FREEBIE ON THE FIRST! Okay, I'll admit, I didn't make something new today. Oops! Like I said, it's been a good crazy kind of week. So instead you are getting all of the freebies I've posted this month all on one page in case you missed any!
St. Patrick's Day Stationary
St. Patrick's Day reader set. The 3 stationary pages included in the set are DIFFERENT than the one above. This is not a freebie, but it's the set that inspired the extra stationary page.