I'm secretly LOVING tutoring one of my kiddos from my old school! I swear, I don't even need the cash (although it's nice), I just really like working with him! We have a happy little routine. In fact, it's working so well that we get about 4 pages of work done in an hour, even when I made it harder! Truth is, we have a deal... we get to read a book together! Yep, that's it...the whole deal. If he works hard, we get to pick any book in the children's section of the city library and I read it to him while we sit on adorable puzzle piece shaped couches. He loves it and so do I! Plus I give him the tiniest of fruit snacks (the healthy kind) when he finishes a page. I mean these things are smaller than an M&M and he thinks they're amazing. I do too actually, they're delicious!
|The puzzle couch is made of these. Aren't they COOL?!|
Today I was wondering around Target and honestly got downright GIDDY when I saw the worker bees setting up the Back to School section!! I know it's my 8th school year as a teacher, you'd think I'd stop getting excited, but I still do! I LOVE brand new crayons! I love the look of a freshly decorated classroom before the kids have had a chance to fiddle with things and make them look less than perfect. I love seeing the kids excited to walk into their new room!
Here's my "To Do List" before Monday:
- Make the kids name tags for our behavior chart (with monster clip art of course!)
- Laminate and cut out the monster heads that will go above their displayed work...eventually
- Decide on the next couple boxes that get the pleasure of leaving the hallway of my house for their new home in my classroom
- Figure out which box has my ocean theme unit binder so we can start our first theme unit for the year. I figure if we have to be at school instead of the beach, we should at least be able to think about the beach and the ocean!
- Dig up my Monster Goes to School lesson and behavior cards. Don't think I didn't notice how PERFECT this is since we have a monster theme classroom! Luckily coincidence!
It's Sale Time!!!I just realized it's been....well too long...since I had a sale! July 4th-7th everything in my store will be 20% off. Go pick up those things you've wishlisted! Click the image to go directly to my TPT store :)
& Christy Button for the image!
Here is a peek at a couple of my newest creations! Don't forget, you can always email me if you have a clip art request! firstname.lastname@example.org