Now it's time to get prepared for my new bundle of kids. In my head I keep thinking of the list of things I'd like to do this summer. Some are "must do" things, and others are "wishful thinking." I'm bound to forget them, so here's what I have so far.
- Organize!! I have closet that is a disaster (partly my own doing, partly junk from the teacher before me). I also have a ton of files, but no file cabinet or place to put one, so time to move the files into binders.
- Create a kindergarten plan! I have a pretty solid routine and curriculum plan for 1st and 2nd, but this is the first year where I'm going to have genuine kindergarten students. My last kindergarten student was super motivated and always did everything my first graders did. I never needed to do ABC centers, so those will probably be my big project.
- Create a content goal checklists for kindergarten subjects
- Create easier to use kindergarten assessments
- Make chair pockets to create more storage in my tiny room